Saturday, September 03, 2005

Photo journal








( tonight we spent the evening at the shelter hanging out with kids and serving dinner. We have 3 people staying with us tonight who fled the hurricane from New Orleans and our now heading back south to see how they can be involved in the relief effort)

(no power means no air conditioning so we spent our evenings on the porch listening to our battery powered radio for updates)

(our housemate, Milton, was well prepared for katrina. On our first night without power he and I gathered togther in the living room with a guitar and wrote a song called "Its getting dark in my neighborhood" )

( Emily hides her fear with a smile as Katrina blows)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Loves:

My only thought right now is that there are thousands of people right now in Mississippi and Louisianna whose lives have been forever changed. Hell, even the lives of people far away are effected. But, not in the same fashion that you two are facing. What can I do? I was thinking of starting a relief type of donation service here in Oregon amongst schools. I'm glad to see that you two are well, but am also curious to the condition of the people. I love you both and am thinking of you, as well as the people of Mississippi and Louisianna. Perhaps the majority people of color on television will corroberate the long injustice that has been occuring to America's minorities. Where is America while the black and the poor suffer?

Bobi Blue

Anonymous said...

Hey Johnny and Emily,
This is Erik. I'm sorry this is late. I've been in Idaho for the past week w/o much in the way of internet access. I'm glad that you two are ok, and I really feel a sense of pride that you two are doing everything you can to help. I know that through this catastrophe, you two will help bring the good out in other people, and for that I really am proud to call you two my friends. Best of luck to you both and to the rest of the people down there, making due with what they can. If you need anything, or if there is anything I can do to help, i.e. donating to any relief fund you think needs it, just let me know. Alright, hopefully I will hear from you soon, and keep the photo journals coming.
Erik