Monday, August 21, 2006

Bertram's in the South!



Katie helps Jakalah with her homework




Mr. John gives Melvin a practice Spelling test.






Last week my family (Johnny's) came to visit us for a few days. My sisters, Allie and Katie, and my dad arrived on Thursday just in time help out in the after school program.
It was great to have them here. My dad immediately went to fixing things including our outdoor lighting system and the foose ball table. The next morning we went down to Millsap’s college where the New Orleans Saint football team has been holding their pre-season training camp. We were able to get a close up look at Reggie Bush and let me tell you, he’s fast. Next we hit up a local thrift store where Emily scored a used bicycle that she’s pretty excited about. It was short trip but we're so glad they made the drive down from Little rock where they were to attend 2 weddings on Saturday. I met them in Little Rock on Saturday while Emily hopped a plane for the great northwest. She is home with her family and friends now and I will be heading for Portland myself on Saturday.We're really excited to have 3 weeks up yonder with ya'll. It looks like I will be playing a solo acoustic show this Sunday evening in our friend Katies back yard in Portland. Everyone is invited. Im really looking forward to playing several new songs and hopefully I will have a little CD available.



Reggie Bush catching a pass





Johnny and Dad check out the Saints


On Friday we had Breakfast on the deck with John Perkins




Jp and the Fam





Allie tutors and tutors well!



Emily's welcome home sign in Portland. Her parents suprised her with a new Honda Night Hawk motor cycle! Just kidding :)








Dont forget to bring ya jacket!

3 comments:

Matt Basinger said...

Johnny,

if you record your show, send me a copy. And I want to buy a CD of your acoustic stuff!

Matt

Anonymous said...

I miss y'all and the clubhouse!

Have a great time in Portland. Maybe next time I can make it there to be with you two.

Sorry I can't make it to your solo acoustic show!

Sarah:)

Anonymous said...

great action pic of RB!

Hurry up and come home to the blessed land of pleasant weather, lushesness, endless coffee, these crazy things called mountains, recyling, trader joes, a growing economy, and women who refuse to be called "mam."

ms.Emily