Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The most boring post yet (Only read if you have nothing better to do with your time)


( This is a photo of a hurricane evacuee from New Orleans named Boomer. He stayed with us for a few nights while his owners we're taking a few rest days. We came to love him as our own though I insisted on calling him Bowzer)

Emily and I have both come down with bad colds so the last few days have been pretty boring. I finally rigged our TV antenna to pick up fox, though it’s pretty fuzzy it allows us to enjoy playoff baseball at night. The sweetness of watching Yankees lose each year never fades, go angels.
This weekend Emily’s brother Julian will be visiting us from Portland. He has been on a cross-country road trip for the past few weeks and will stay for at least a week. I’ve been practicing my golf game in preparation for his arrival. There is a golf coarse here that has a monthly rate of $40 unlimited play. You golfers out there can appreciate that deal. I bought my monthly pass early in October and I’ve been playing with my new friend Dylan on the weekends. Hopefully I’ll be feeling better by the time he gets here.
Last week Emily and I did a golf seminar for the kids in our after school program. Having never been introduced to the sport the kids loved it. Its fun to expose them to new things that they might not ever get to try. I found some shorter kids clubs at a thrift store that I will probably pick up and maybe Julian can lend a hand while he is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have Zicamed at the first sign of the cold, it's been working for us in ID. Call me some time. We miss you guys! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Hah! I would have named the lovable little thing "Fuzz".

Barry