Saturday, September 09, 2006

Recommended listening

I haven't recommended any music for a long time but I found a couple of new releases that are worth a listen. Emily and I picked up two new albums while here in Portland and have nearly worn them out on our travels.

Former Portlander M. Ward's new album is the greatest music Ive heard in a long long time. This album is full of songs that to me seem timeless. I cant stop listening to this great collection of songs. Highly recommended!



The Old Crow boys are back with another stellar album. This five man old-time string band puts on the best live show Emily and I have ever seen. After stumbling across them at a Be Good Tanyas show about 4 years ago we will be seeing them for the 4th time this Monday night. The new album is produced by David Rawlings and Gillian Welch lends a hand on drums. Great album and amazing song writing.

No comments: