Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Road Trip day # 1


Greetings from Arkansas! The road trip has begun. We escaped Mississippi and its tornado warnings last night and made it safely to the roadside town that is Osceola, AR. I may have forgot to mention that we are driving 2 cars for the first leg of trip. Our friends Lowell and Dixie asked that we drive their car to Urbana Illinois where they will be giving it to some friends. I should have never doubted Emily’s driving skills. She steered that Subaru like a champ through hard, driving rain and massive lightning strikes that lit up everything like a strobe light.
This morning finds me at the Huddle House restaurant in front of our hotel drinking weak coffee and picking up a wireless internet connection from another near by hotel. The view from my window booth is of a field with the interstate traffic racing by on the horizon. I could be anywhere in the country today. My first thought upon leaving the hotel room and entering into the cold, sunny morning was of Idaho. The flat farmland all around and the feeling of winter flooded me with memories of my home state.
Today we drop the car off in Urbana and then head east to Indianapolis for the first day of the conference. Gotta hit the road!
I will be attempting to update the blog daily over the span of our road trip adventure so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you J&E, oh yes we do, we love you J&E and we'll be true.... when you're away from us, we're bluuuuuue, oh, J&E, boy are we looking forward to seeing yoooouuuuuuu! love, JALS