Monday, November 21, 2005

Road Trip Post #3

Evening session at CCDA conference



We’ve arrived in the big apple. The conference went really well. We were challenged and encouraged to go back to our community and to love others. Yesterday we drove for about 12 hours and traveled about 700 miles from Indianapolis to New York City. We’ve been enjoying Matt and Jacinda’s apartment and hospitality. Last night we had a delicious home cooked Indonesian meal and took a walk (constitutional as Matt would say) around the campus of Columbia University where matt is attending graduate school. We’ve also been reunited with Andrew from Seattle who is passing through N.Y.C. on his way back from Ukraine.
I was a little nervous about driving and parking in the city but with Matt as navigator everything has gone really smooth. Our car is having some problems accelerating. I really hope the clutch is not going out because we still have a lot of driving ahead of us.
Today Emily and I will head out into the city to explore. Our tentative plan is to see Wall Street, Chinatown, and possibly the village. Conan O’Brian called and wanted to lunch but I had to cancel, I don’t eat at Irish restaurants like McDonalds.
It has been refreshing for Emily and I to be away from Mississippi for a while.
The restaurant from Seinfeld is on the corner of matt and Jacindas street.
Peace
JB



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, J&E, I'm spending my Thanksgiving in The Dalles, not quite as far away as N'Yawk.

Keep the chronicles coming, they are an inspiration to our better instincts.

Barry